In many countries your state Driver’s License can be used based on international agreements. Before traveling to another country you should always check its consulate office or embassy to find out whether your license is sufficient. In addition, you may want to obtain an International Driving Permit through a local AAA office. The document will translate the information on your license into ten different languages providing easy access if quick information is needed.