BadgerCare is a Medicaid program that provides health care coverage for uninsured, low income working families with children.
The following persons are eligible for BadgerCare:
- Children under age 19 (marital status does not affect an individual’s status as a child);
- Parents living with their child(ren) under age 19;
- Spouses of parents living with their child(ren) under age 19;
- Families with children under age 19 who have not had health insurance coverage in the past 3 months;
- Families with children under age 19, who have not had access to employer sponsored health insurance coverage within the last 18 months; and
- Families with children under age 19 with income at or below 185% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). If you are found eligible for BadgerCare, you may remain eligible until your income exceeds 200% of the FPL.
For more information: