Wisconsin Maintenance and Spousal Support Attorneys
The family law attorneys and divorce lawyers at Vanden Heuvel & Dineen, S.C. assist clients in all matters relating to divorce and post-judgment divorce, including maintenance and spousal support. Maintenance is the term for money one spouse or former spouse is required to pay the other pre and post divorce. While maintenance may be awarded for life, it is generally awarded for a limited term. To determine the amount and duration of maintenance, Wisconsin courts look at the following factors:
1. Length of the marriage;
2. Age, physical and emotional health of the parties;
3. Property Division;
4. The educational level of each party at the time of the marriage and at the time the action is commenced;
5. The earning capacity of the party seeking maintenance;
6. The feasibility that the party seeking maintenance can become self-supporting at a standard of living reasonable comparable to that enjoyed during the marriage;
7. Tax consequences;
8. Mutual agreements between the parties before and during the marriage.
9. The contribution of one party to the education, training or increased learning power of the other.
10. Such other factors as the court deems relevant.
The maintenance attorneys and spousal support lawyers at Vanden Heuvel & Dineen, S.C. can assist clients in maintenance cases. If you are facing divorce or legal separation and need assistance with maintenance and spousal support, the top-rated Wisconsin family law attorneys at Vanden Heuvel & Dineen, S.C. can provide the legal advice and counsel you need. Please call for a free consultation: 1-800-805-1976 or 262-250-1976 or email@example.com.