cold person shutterstock_94904761It’s cold outside and too many people are going through hard times, whether it’s the economy or a breakdown of a marriage or health issues, etc.  Vanden Heuvel & Dineen, S.C., wants to make sure that you are aware of some of the options available to you:

1. Keep warm this winter with Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance (WHEAP).  You may be eligible for energy assistance.  Each Wisconsin county has a different contact, but in Washington County contact the Human Services Client Registration at 262-335-4677 for an appointment in West Bend, Germantown or Hartford.

2. Do you need a smoke alarm for your home?  Do you need help replacing the batteries in your smoke alarm?  If you need a smoke alarm with a long-lasting battery, you may qualify for a free smoke alarm through the West Bend Fire Department at 262-335-5055.

Help is on the way.  Don’t be afraid to call or ask for assistance.