My grandchildren’s parents are divorcing.  Do I have a right to see my grandchildren?

You may petition the county where your children live to give you the right to reasonable visitation with your grandchildren.  It is generally a good idea to ask the Court for visitation rights as soon as possible after the divorce proceedings are commenced.  The Court will consider the amount of personal contact you have had with your grandchildren and their parents prior to the commencement of the divorce action.  The Court will consider the wishes of the children as well as the wishes of the parents.