If you are not married to the mother and she will not allow you to have contact with the child your will need to file a petition with the Court requesting that you be declared the child’s legal father. During the proceeding the Court may require genetic testing to detemine whether or not you are the father of the child. Once you are determined to be the father the Court, you will have the right to request custody and visitation orders from the Court.